When you’re in the process of choosing a dentist in the Twin Cities area it can be a daunting task. What do you ask? How to choose a dentist? Based on experience? Whether the office is close to your house? Whether friends and family have used that practice?
There are myriad choices, whether you’re looking for a dentist for the first time or whether you want to change to a new dentist.
Many people will choose a dentist based on referrals from friends, family or work colleagues — that is one of the best ways to begin researching for your own dental needs. Referrals help you know you are getting a dentist who has a good reputation and happy patients.
When searching for a dentist in the Twin Cities and in Hopkins, MN here are some other items to consider.
What specialties do they have and what services do they offer?
- Evaluate their services. Look for a dentist that allows you to get all of your work done in one location.
- Does your dentist offer cosmetic dentistry or dental implant procedures? At Gendler Dental Center we offer cosmetic dentistry that includes Invisalign braces, bleaching, porcelain veneers and more.
- What is the dentist’s philosophy about medication for dental procedures. What do we mean? At Gendler Dental in Hopkins we provide sedation dentistry for our patients, but not all dentists offer this service. If you, or your child, are anxious about dental visits or you have a child with disabilities who could benefit from sedation, make sure the dentist you choose offers sedation dentistry. You can even request sedation dentistry for a dental cleaning.
Is the office and its hours convenient for you?
Let’s face it: Convenience matters. You don’t want to have to drive for hours to get to a dentist — especially if you’re going to have multiple procedures. Look for a Twin Cities dentist that has:
- Hours that fit with your life and your schedule
- Is close enough to your home to be a comfortable commute. Remember, though it may be worth it to drive a bit farther in order to find a quality dentist.
- Offers payment options for your treatments
Other items to consider when choosing a dentist
- Ask what their policies are for missed appointments — life happens and you may need to cancel or reschedule and you want to know if there is a charge for that
- Do they accept your insurance
- What are the fees for service?
- How do they handle dental emergencies? If you’re wondering what a dental emergency is, read this article.
- Do they offer estimates on procedures such as examinations, fillings, cleanings and dental implant procedures?
When you’re looking for a new dentist or want to switch dentists, give our Hopkins, MD dental office a call. Let us be your new Twin Cities dentist!